According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile. Most think of tooth whitening or veneers when cosmetic dentistry comes to mind, but a cosmetic dentist can provide much more.
A skilled, experienced cosmetic dentist can help to improve your appearance, your smile, even your self-esteem, and confidence. Today, cosmetic dentistry has continued to evolve so that cosmetic dentists can address functional and esthetic concerns of the patient.
Cosmetic dentistry has transitioned from simply replacing and restoring damaged teeth to covering a wide scope of esthetic procedures. Today’s cosmetic dentistry include procedures such as:
- whiten teeth to a lighter color or shade
- bonding to alter the shape and alignment of teeth or to repair small chips in teeth
- tooth-colored restorations and fillings
- porcelain or resin veneers to alter the shape and alignment of teeth
- straighten crooked teeth with orthodontics (braces)
- replace missing teeth or support dentures with dental implants
- replacement of old discolored fillings
- replacement of amalgam (silver) fillings with tooth-colored restorations
- cosmetic shaping of teeth by recontouring your natural enamel
- close gaps or spaces between teeth
- porcelain inlays or onlays for back teeth
- contouring the gum tissue to make it more symmetrical with periodontal surgery
- restoration of worn, ground down or small teeth to their proper form and shape
- repair toothbrush abrasion
- soft tissue grafts or composites to conceal missing gum tissue due to recession
- replace missing teeth with bridges or partials
- replace defective, unsightly or aged crowns (caps)
- cover stains
- remove stained fracture lines from enamel
- make teeth appear longer or shorter
Costs for these cosmetic procedures vary according to the complexity of the treatment needed. Telling us what you’d like your smile to look like is the first step. We can then tell you what procedures would be best, how long it will take to achieve and the monetary investment needed to make it a reality. You may be surprised by how dentistry has changed, how affordable it can be and what can be done by an experienced cosmetic dentist.
If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in Little Rock, Conway or Central Arkansas, Central Dental can provide you with the smile you have always wanted along with any general dentistry needs you may have in the future. The doctors and team members at Central Dental will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that will give you the beautiful results you desire.
If you have questions about cosmetic dentistry, please feel free to look over our Cosmetic Dentistry FAQ.
Please contact us today to schedule your initial consultation for cosmetic dentistry at Central Dental!