Over the past decade smile makeovers have become increasingly popular with people from all walks of life. A smile makeover is basically any combination of cosmetic dental treatments provided concurrently with the goal of dramatically enhancing your appearance and self-confidence. Your dentist will plan your smile makeover based upon your individual needs, and may recommend a combination of cosmetic bonding, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or tooth-colored fillings.
What To Expect
A smile makeover involves more than just improving the appearance of your teeth; therefore, careful consideration will be given to the following:
- Face shape – Patients with a longer face will look better with teeth that are wider and vice versa.
- Skin tone and hair color – If you have dark skin, we may recommend a less-intensive teeth whitening treatment, so that your smile looks natural.
- Tooth shape – Open edges between teeth create a more youthful look, whereas uniform teeth suggest maturity.
- Spacing and alignment – Small gaps can be closed and slight misalignments can be corrected with bonding or veneers. For more involved cases, we may recommend orthodontics that can also be conveniently provided within our office.
- Affordability – Porcelain veneers offer translucency and light reflecting properties that more closely resemble natural teeth than the more affordable resin composite alternative. Your dentist will work closely with you to choose materials and treatments that will be most appropriate for your budget, oral health, and expectations.
Smile Makeover Process
The smile makeover process at Central Dental is entirely collaborative. From your first consultation, Dr. Edward Passini or Dr. Nathaniel Hill will work closely with you to help you choose the treatments best suited to perfect your smile. Goals, concerns, and preferences will all be discussed with you during your consultation. You may wish to use photos of your favorite smiles to point out the characteristics you would like for your own smile. Your input is valued and respected at each stage of your smile makeover process, and no decisions are finalized until you have had a chance to view a wax-up of what treatment can provide, and have given us your approval. This empowers you to have the final say in what you want your smile to look like.
Your doctor can revitalize the health, beautify the appearance, and restore the function of your teeth allowing you to realize the smile of your dreams and the freedoms and joys that come with it. Your smile is of paramount significance. It is often the first thing people notice upon meeting you and can leave a lasting impression on friends and strangers alike. Your smile plays a key role in your overall confidence and self-esteem. An attractive smile can improve your demeanor, make it easier to socialize, and diminish anxieties or insecurities.
Enhancing your smile is one of the wisest investments you can make, as it’s an investment in your health and well-being. All too often we prioritize material objects, career, travel, and others above ourselves, but at what expense? Studies show that individuals with attractive smiles make more money, go on more dates, and are perceived as more intelligent and trustworthy than those with discolored, crooked, or missing teeth. A beautiful, healthy smile doesn’t depreciate; it’s an investment in a greater quality of life.
Central Dental Can Help
If you’re unhappy with your smile now is the time to make a change. It’s never too late to begin enjoying your smile; call Central Dental today to reserve your smile makeover consultation with Dr. Edward Passini and Dr. Nathaniel Hill. They have provided exceptional dental care to families throughout Arkansas and nearby states for a combined total of over 35 years.